Nano 2 - Changes Thread

• Hello all

The Nano 2 server will be launching on September 30th. It will have the following changes, and will have the 1.2.5 Version game play updates.

1. It will be a 90 day server (Sep 30th - Dec 30th)
    2. Game Speed 16x Rebirth
    3. The winners will be immortalized in our awards section.
    4. No new player protection!
    5. Auto Planet production will not be possible - Planets will not generate new resources
    6. Planets will be granted resources to invest wisely once you begin as others will be sending fleets your way - A set sum of materials will be awarded
    7. Planets colonization will not be possible without first conducting proper research - Every 2nd Level will allow an update
    8. There will only be 50 planet slots to begin with (if the universe requires more than that, it will expand)
    9. Resource production will be severely limited - Still working on this
    10. Dark Matter Days - DM will only be able to be used on Certain days (not yet known if this will be implemented)
    11. More Academy Points will be awarded - 3x current
    12. Larger starting Planets - 250 fields

Other changes will be posted here as we work on them. If you have suggestions, please post below

Regards

Admin Team

• It will be a 90 day server (Sep 30th - Dec 16th)

Good, thank you. For someone who at times might be a little OCD, the extra time helps.

The prize will change, instead of a cash prize, the winners will be immortalized in our awards section.

This is not quite as good as a deer head on my wall, or, a smiley face on my tax return, but, I'll take it.

Auto Planet production will not be possible - Planets will not generate new resources

My planets didn't auto produce very much worth while so I can work with this.

One question, however, what if a planet is abandoned? Is it considered barren?

Planets will be granted resources to invest wisely - A set sum of materials will be awarded
    Planets colonization will not be possible without first conducting proper research - Every 2nd Level will allow an update

So do resources come with THE planet?

Or, do they come with each planet you colonize?

Again, what if somebody abandons a planet? What happens to the resources and all gains gained therefrom?

How does this affect the Intergalactic Research Network and Astrophysics Research 'levels' not to mention the Academy?

Every 2nd level will allow an update...of what? Colony, Research, Resources? What exactly?

These answers would be good not only for this venue, but, also for any help/getting started/wiki generated.

There will only be 50 planet slots to begin with (if the universe requires more than that, it will expand)

I assume this was meant to say '50 system slots' and not 'planet slots' - yes? If that's the case then, no-brainer.

Resource production will be severely limited - Still working on this

Not really sure how you can limit resource production when it's so hard to get them to produce in a helpful, war-type way in the first place.

Dark Matter Days - DM will only be able to be used on Certain days (not yet known if this will be implemented)

Nope. If you have a hammer, use the hammer. With a global game, this spreads confusion and not much else. If you want to control DM, control the faucet not the person holding the hose. Also, it's a coding nightmare/pain-in-the-a$$ with all the different variables. The other side of this is the argument, "I earned it, why can't I use it"?

Along a similar train of thought, start and end times need to be strictly defined for the game. Start and end-of-game are the same for everyone.

More Academy Points will be awarded - 3x current

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Larger starting Planets - 250 fields

Good. Although having to use a terraformer is a nice twist.

Other changes will be posted here as we work on them. If you have suggestions, please post below

* Research production rate was brought up earlier...thoughts? I think it's fine where it was for NANO. I'm appreciating the 90-day term with the hope of being able to utilize more higher-level ships.

* If resources are provided up front with every planet colonized...are mines and storage even necessary? Can they be captured if not used and just 'sitting' for lack of a better word? Can resources be liberated from planets that have not been colonized?

* What of moons??? What changes are in store? Set size? Change in the max or min number of fields?

* Would be nice to have some type of inter-game alliance chat option.

* Would be a nice twist if you could damage buildings and/or hamper research. MVW has it where you can damage ships...and that's it. How about buildings - you have 10 levels of 'x', you are attacked and now only have 8 levels until the last two can be repaired. Something to think on...

At the same time, the lower level/beginner needs to be protected/shielded from the higher level players. One of the reasons I brought up MVC was that there were the SAB, destroy and farming options. There was also conflict separation based on superpower level. Lower levels could try to attack the upper levels but the upper level players found it 'beneath themselves' to attack such a low level player. Don't remember the separation points, but, I'm sure you remember the gist.

* Can population play a role at some point?

* If all resources you can get are given...how does the game generate/perpetuate income? MM for supporter perks? Or??? Using it to generate Academy points is stupid...cost is way too high.

* Lastly, the ability to destroy, not only a moon, but, a planet. At high cost grant you, but, that would add an interesting twist - how to protect everything at once. It would force payers to have more compact, defense-dense colonies and possibly work more with allies - provided they could trust them. Put the War back in the war game.

I apologize for the length (and any errors).

Regards,

K